For roadside installations vulnerable to vehicular impacts, CMT offers direct burial breakaway street light poles providing substantial savings over traditional anchor- base designs.
Designed to reduce injuries in the event of impact, CMT breakaway poles are specially designed so they will break off and fly over a vehicle that strikes them, minimizing danger to the vehicle's occupants.
These poles are approved by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) as satisfying the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) breakaway requirements within the range of conditions tested.
Customers can choose from these standard configurations:
- Post Top - 50# vertical load
- Post Top - 200# vertical load
- Post Top - 300# vertical load
- Side Mount - single arm, 50# luminaire
- Side Mount - double arm (@ 180º), two 55# luminaires
- Mast Arm (Standard arm lengths of 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 ft)
Contact CMT to learn more.